Using only a keyboard, it must be possible to navigate and interact with a web page easily and logically.
Learn the common keyboard commands that people use to navigate and operate web content.
Learn why it’s important to make interactive elements keyboard focusable and how to manage focus in ways that make sense to the user.
- What are keyboard focus and focus order?
- Make interactive elements focusable
- Logical focus order
- Visible focus indicators
- Focus management
- Content displayed on focus
- Other keyboard focus considerations
Learn why it’s important to make user interface components keyboard operable and how to create accessible keyboard interaction patterns and shortcuts.
- What is keyboard operability?
- Responding to keyboard input
- Custom keyboard interaction
- No specific keystroke timings
Test that all interactive content is focusable and operable via keyboard.