Visual disabilities that impact seeing colour
For some people, colours can be difficult or impossible to see or tell apart.
When you design with colour, the information needs to be perceivable by people with:
- partial sight or low vision
- colour vision deficiencies (colour blindness).
People with low vision or colour vision deficiencies can have difficulty:
- reading text and images that use colours with low contrast
- noticing certain content if it uses particular colours
- looking at bright foreground and/or background colours.
For more information on low vision and colour blindness, see: